Dear Valued Members, Sponsors, and Guests,
The purpose of this message is to address the current state of the PMI Madison/South Central Wisconsin Chapter and its event schedules while our nation and the rest of the world address the COVID-19 virus and its consequences. Given the nature of COVID-19 and the current Federal and State declarations of emergency, all previously scheduled in-person events hosted by PMI Madison/South Central Wisconsin Chapter are postponed until further notice.
- The currently running PMP-Prep class has moved to a virtual instruction format and will continue virtually in lieu of the original in-person classroom setting.
- Chapter meetings will resume in a virtual setting as soon as possible. Our volunteer board members and volunteers are working diligently to make this virtual option available. Please check back often for Chapter Meeting updates.
- Our largest in person event (PDD 2020) is postponed until we are able to ensure the safety of our members, invited guests, and speakers. Our intent at this time is to reschedule the event at the original venue and we are working to retain as many of the announced speakers as possible. Once we are able to determine the extent of the COVID-19 disruption, and both Federal and State authorities have indicated in person conferences are once again acceptable practice, we will reschedule. In the meantime, we will be issuing refunds of registration fees to those who have already signed up and paid, as we are not certain of the new PDD date.
We appreciate your support and look forward to providing the high-quality content and experiences for which our PMP-Prep classes, Chapter Meetings and PDD are known.
PMI Madison/South Central Wisconsin Chapter Executive Board
Registration are now open for the 2020 Professional Development Day! You must be logged into pmi-madison.org to get the chapter membership discount.
The PMI® Professional Development Day 2020 South Central Wisconsin will feature a variety of educational tracks and networking opportunities to be held at The Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club.
- Different educational sessions to choose from focusing on PMI Agile, technical, leadership, and strategic project management practices
- Exceptional Keynote Speakers
- Networking events to make connections and build relationships
- 6 PDUs
Jake Wood serves as CEO of Team Rubicon, the organization he co-founded in 2010 following the massive earthquake in Haiti. Team Rubicon is a Veteran Service Organization that provides military veterans with Purpose, Community and Self-Worth through volunteer service using their unique skills for disaster response, humanitarian crisis intervention, and community service.
As CEO, Jake is focusing on establishing Team Rubicon's organizational vision in order to direct sustainability and scalability. He is also the co-founder of POS REP, a mobile, proximity based social network designed exclusively for the active duty military and veteran community. POS REP is the first niche social network of its kind.
As a leading veteran advocate, Jake is a member of numerous veteran-focused committees, including the Clinton Global Initiative, the Aspen Institute Franklin Project, and the VA Emergency Response Committee. Jake has authored and published articles related to veteran issues and disaster response in outlets such as the Huffington Post and Foreign Policy. Additionally, Jake speaks around the country at conferences, universities and companies on issues such as veteran reintegration, social entrepreneurship, leadership and service.
Jeff Skiles, Co-Pilot of U.S. Airways Flight 1549, “The Miracle on the Hudson”
“No terrible thoughts went through my head, none at all. I didn’t worry that I might not live through this—and no pilot would. Unless the situation is completely out of your control, there’s always something you can do.”
On a bright, 20-degree afternoon in January, US Airways Flight 1549 accelerated down New York La Guardia Airport’s main runway, loaded with 155 passengers and crew, headed skywards for Charlotte, NC. Everything was normal until First Officer Jeff Skiles spotted a formation of Canada geese almost directly ahead. In a matter of seconds, he heard numerous thunks as the birds impacted the aircraft. Both engines immediately failed. Captain Chesley Sullenberger took over flying the plane and lowered the nose down to retain airspeed. Within seconds, the pilots made the decision that returning to LaGuardia was simply not possible—they’d have to fly over densely populated areas and there was no guarantee that they’d make it. Surrounded by nothing but skyscrapers and neighborhoods, they decided to head to the only open, flat space available—the Hudson River. Exclusively represented by Leading Authorities speakers bureau, Jeff Skiles details the lessons, training, and scenarios that led to the “Miracle on the Hudson” and what businesses can take away from it with a great sense of humor and natural storytelling ability.
LOCATION: Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club - 1 West Dayton Street, Madison WI, 53703
DATE: May 7th, 2020 starting at 8am
PARKING: Parking is available under the hotel or in several public lots around the Capitol Square
NETWORKING EVENT: Come network and discuss the conference with your fellow PMs and vendors! Appetizers, drink tickets, and a raffle will be provided. The Mixer is 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm at the Madison Concourse Hotel. We hope to see you there!
EVENT FEE: $400 (Non-registered PMI-Madison Chapter members) or $350 (Registered PMI-Madison Chapter members). There is an additional $50 off the Event Fee for early bird registrations through March 15th, 2020 for all registrants.
You must be logged into pmi-madison.org to register and receive chapter membership discount.