Chapter Volunteer Opportunities Available
Our chapter's success depends on the time and efforts of our volunteers. Our chapter is looking for enthusiastic chapter members to work with fun, dedicated teams! Volunteering allows our members to work with others to serve the needs of the Madison/South Central WI chapter and chapter members.
We currently have immediate needs for these positions that we highlight and others are available so be sure to check out VRMS for ALL available opportunities. Make now your time to find a rewarding volunteer position and be involved with our chapter!!
Strategic/Executive Board Openings
A spot on the executive board is a great way to build out your skill sets while getting involved with your local project management community. We are looking for PMs to participate across a range of board functions. For those looking to become a seasoned leader, the role of President-Elect is open. You will spend a year learning the ropes as our current President-elect transitions to the role of President. After this first year, you will take over as President and mentor the next President elect. We are also looking for a VP of finance to steward our chapter finances; a VP of membership to help grow our member base and a VP of professional development to ensure that we effectively nurture PMs along in their careers.
No experience? No worries! The board is staffed with helpful and engaging members who are happy to help new board members get up to speed and learn their new functions. This is a great way to add to your resume and grow your career up the management ladder.
- The VP of Finance is an elected volunteer and serves as the chapter's financial officer. Responsibilities include management of chapter finances and oversight of bookkeeping services provided by an external accounting firm. The position requires approximately 20 hours per month.
- Also open for 2022 for a 2 year term are:
- VP Membership
- VP Professional Development
Operational Board Openings
- Would you like to organize PMP prep courses and other chapter educational offerings (other than chapter meetings and PDD - Professional Development Day)? The Director of Educational Events opportunity will be for you! Reference the VRMS posting to review the details for this position.
- Director of Programs Speakers is responsible for organizing and managing speakers for monthly chapter meetings for the year. Get involved now so you can learn the process! While fall 2021 speakers have been secured, your involvement in this position NOW allows you to begin your engagement to finding speakers for 2022! This is a great opportunity that directly benefits our chapter members!
- Reporting to the VP of Governance & Policy, the Director of Governance is responsible for addressing governance and policy issues, including ensuring the maintenance and enforcement of chapter policies and bylaws.
- Assuring appropriate chapter email address, distribution groups exist and are properly configured is key to the operations for our chapter boards and members. The Webmaster works with the VP of Technology.
- Your role is responsible for keeping the PMI Madison/South Central WI chapter website content accurate, current and aligned with the chapter goals. Under the direction of the VP of Technology, the Director of Technology and Website with content management system in conjunction with image software and other chapter teams shaping web content to achieve this goal.
Professional Development Day Opening is Available Now!
- Want to use project management skills, work with a great volunteer team AND have a major impact on providing member value to our chapter and guests? The PDD/Professional Development Day Director for 2022 is the position for you!
All of our open chapter volunteer opportunities for this year are on VRMS. Check out volunteering overview for details on how to access.