Panel: Aaron Jenkins, Mayank Pandya, Jill Golon and Suchi Das
Moderators: Dan Beltran and Roberta Schwartz
Since last September, there have been three projects started at American Family Insurance that are utilizing the Menlo tools, processes, and behavioral components. This panel discussion, comprised of two project managers and two HighTech Anthropologists™, will discuss their experiences with the rollout of The Menlo Way™ at American Family. Specifically, this session will provide a high-level background that led American Family to pursue rolling out The Menlo Way™, provide panel feedback regarding lessons learned, cultural change needed, and tools used in the rollout, and have time for an open question and answer section.
Session - Salon A
American Family Presents: Menlo Test & Learn
- Aaron Jenkins is a 12-year employee at American Family Insurance, currently working as a National Product Support Senior Specialist. He has performed the product/business owner role in his time in Product Management, but is playing the role of the High-Tech Anthropologist™ (HTA) in the Menlo experiments at American Family.
- Mayank Pandya is a 3-year employee at American Family Insurance, currently working as a Business Analyst. He is playing the role of the High-Tech Anthropologist™ (HTA) in the Menlo experiments at American Family.
- Jill Golon is a project manager with over 10 years of experience in the telecommunication and insurance industry. In the past 10 years working for American Family, she has managed multiple projects within the application development area. She is currently working as a Project Manager for a Personal Lines project being executed using the Menlo methodology.
- Suchi Das is a seasoned project manager with over 15 years of experience in the financial, retail and insurance industry. In the 3 years of working at American Family, she has managed multiple projects/programs ranging from 1000 hours up to 35,000 hours. She is currently working as a Project Manager for a Personal Lines project being executed using the Menlo methodology.
- Dan Beltran holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, a Six Sigma black belt certificate, and is nearing the completion of his MBA with an emphases in International Business. He has a variety of experience in project management, process improvement, LEAN, Six Sigma, change management, facility management, and architecture.
- Roberta Schwartz holds a Bachelor’s degree in Biology, with a minor in Mathematics, and teaching certification across both areas in secondary education. She has a variety of experience in change management, process improvement, LEAN, Six Sigma, teaching, management and leadership, and project management across various career fields including Education, Pharmaceutical Research, and Insurance.
- Roberta and Dan are currently coordinating and facilitating experiments to test how The Menlo Way™ can be utilized within Personal Lines-National Product Management area of American Family Insurance. The key areas of focus within this effort include change management, process creation and improvement, data collection and analysis, training and coaching support, long-term strategy, vision, and goals, and assessment of challenges as well as lessons learned.